Monday, October 16, 2006

Lazy Sunday = Movies

Rained all day Sunday. What do you do on rainy days? You either sleep in all day (did that) and watch movies (did that too).



Started the day with Red Eye. A Wes Craven movie featuring Rachel McAdams (yummy) and Cillian Murphy (damn he looks E-vil). Decent movie, nothing great though. Not real scary or anything, like I would expect out of Wes Craven. Murphy was pretty creepy looking. He plays a good bad guy. (I also liked him in Batman Begins).



The second movie in my double header was The Chronicles of Narnia :The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. I've been wanting to watch this one forever, and I finally got to it. After numerous recordings and deletings to make room on my DVR, I finally had the space on the hard drive and the time to watch it. I would of bought the dvd blind, but I never saw it dip below 30 bucks.

Anyway, I really thought this was a well done movie. It was a bit long in time, but you know what, I would of watched a longer version. I really enjoyed it and am glad to hear it did well at the box office. That means they are making more movies out of the Narnia series. I did think the movie, while long, spent too much time getting into Narnia. Once they were in Narnia, the movie felt too short. I understand that they had to set up the movie, and in essence, the series. Still, a minor complaint.

I liked that they basically had no name actors in it (or at least one's I didn't recognize) other than the Witch, and even then it wasn't who I thought it was. I think that's a good idea that you're not pointing out actors in movies, it takes away from the movie.

Also, I thought Aslan looked Fantastic. They did an outstanding job on him. I'm not sure who did the digital work, but it was a quality job, which leads me to believe it was Wingnut. I probably won't buy this one on DVD unless I see it cheap, but I'll probably pick it up when I make the jump to HD-DVD or Blu Ray.

No comments: