Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Rhymefest - Blue Collar


I like it. I really did. It was something different. It kinda reminded me of Ol' Dirty Bastard, which is a good thing. ODB is even on one of the songs, singing the chorus to "Build Me Up Buttercup". I thought that was hilarious. If you were a fly on the wall, you could hear me singing it for the next few days.

I also enjoyed the song "Bullet" with Citizen Cope. "Tell a Story" was also another song that stood out to me. "Brand New" with Kanye will probably be, if it isn't already, the next single. Anything Kanye does right now seems to be hot. Right now, the single that has been released is "Dynamite", which is also pretty good. I believe iTunes gave it away for free as the single of the week. "All Girls Cheat" is a song you just have to listen to. Hilarious.
I'm definetly glad I took a chance on this cd, buying it while never having listened to it. Way to go Best Buy for pricing it soo cheap at $7.99 that I had felt comfortable taking a chance on it. See RIAA. Price the CDs cheaper and maybe people would buy them more.

No comments: