Monday, August 21, 2006

Friday Night Fights


1st fight went the distance...6 rounds. 1 guy looked like he was throwing and landing more. The opponent seemed to be throwing (and landing) with more power. He ended up winning by decision.

The next fight was over in 24 seconds. The opponent would not defend himself, and the ref called it. TKO. I litterally saw about 3-4 really good punches from the winner before it was called.

The next fight I missed completely. I went to the bathroom. Walked back in right to hear the bell go off. I learned later it was a TKO.

The main event. Holyfield vs. Jermey Bates.
Over in 2 rounds. TKO. The picture shows the best hit Bates landed at the beginning of the 2nd round. By the end of the same round, he was backed up against the ropes and Holyfield was "wailing" on him. I use that term loosely, cause while Holyfield threw like 20-25 punches, none of them were haymakers. The ref stepped in and called it.

We didn't even stay for the remaining fights. They pushed 2 fights back until after the main event. We stayed until the official decision, and for Evander to walk around the ring thanking people.

The night was started off at Al Biernat's for their "Restaurant Week" special. 6 of us, at 35 bucks a piece, 2 appetizers, 1 $60 bottle of wine (that was suppossed to be a $30 bottle) plus some cocktails, tip equals $400 bill. It was good, but my prime rib didn't last very long. :(

P.S. I know it's been a while since my last blog. It's not that I've forgotten to write, it's that I haven't had much time. Work's been real busy and so have I when I'm at home. Not much time to update, but I don't think you've missed anyting.

No comments: