Wednesday, August 02, 2006

New Music in the iPod

I think I've exhuasted The Raconteurs and Arctic Monkeys. Both albums I liked greatly.
Very easy to listen to all the way through.


The Arctic Monkeys I liked, but then again, I've liked the whole Brit Pop scene(wave/explosion/resurgence?) lately. Very catchy, very fast paced. There were specifically 3-4 songs (including the current single "Look good on the dance floor") that I really found catchy on here, although I caught myself listening to the entire album multiple times. I even caught my self saying "all you people are vampires" a number of times. Great Stuff and will definetly be adding it to the rotation.

The Raconteurs I also liked quite a lot, although I'm not sure how to describe their sound. It's like slow rock/blues music. They remind me of a band that you would book at a high school dance. I may have seen them in a John Hughes movie somewhere. Jack White, from the White Stripes is in the band, sans Meg. It's an interesting sound the band has and it's very easy to listen to. I liked it, and I would recommend it.


Anyway, it's time to load up some new stuff.

I've been listening to 2 new CDs lately. Rhymefest's Blue Collar and Pharrell's In My Mind.
I'm liking Rhymefest's album. Very creative. He's getting alot of love from the reviewers. The Build Me Up Buttercup cover with O.D.B. is great.


I'm a little dissapointed in Skateboard P's album. (God, after 2 spins, it was already getting on my nerves). I expected more outta Pharrell on this. His production seems 2nd rate.
I'll have more on both of these albums in a week or so when I get a few more listens in.

Also, I'm lookin to pick up the new DMX album this week. Early reviews have been pretty favorable. X just got outta jail again for something, so hopefully he's a little pissed off. Makes for a better album.

That, mixed in with a few different podcasts (Ricky Gervais, LCVG, Major Nelson) pretty much sums up my music listening. I've been trying to stay away from my "Most Often Played" playlist, and for the most part, I have.

No comments: