Monday, July 14, 2008

M. Night Shama.....'s The Happening


"I see dead people"

I won't spoil it for you (although I should), but the only reason you need to see this is if you like to see gruesome deaths (yea, like the lawnmower scene in the trailer), love Zoey D (damn she's got some great eyes)....or have a Marky Mark infatuation.

Even then, see the matinee. Don't pay full price for it.

I'm finally on board with the "M. Night has lost it" crowd.

P.S. I was giving him a chance even though I never saw Lady in the Water (it's on the DVR...just haven't been in the mood (no...that's not what she said)) He's lost his "goodwill" where you'd go see his movie based on his name/rep alone. In the past, he could get me interested in his movies based on name alone. 6th Sense was awesome, Unbreakable is pretty underrated. Signs is pretty good, but not as great as everyone makes it out to be. After that, the decent into mediocrity picks up, although I don't think that The Village wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be.

No comments: