Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Watching Dexter - Random Thought



While watching episode 6 of season 1, I had to laugh at myself. I was rooting for the main character (and this isn't much of a spoiler) who is a serial killer to not get caught.

But it's a serial killer with a code. Which brings up some interesting moral questions.

As a quick aside...it turns out some of my favorite movies are movies where the director can get me rooting for the character where if you apply real world morals to him, he's considered the bad guy. Hello Godfather.

Anyways, I'm going through these pretty fast (2 seasons, 12 eps each). Great show. Michael C. Hall is great, but I knew that from 6 Feet Under. Great characters. I'm not sure how CBS is treating the show since they started airing it, but I would definetly recommend the Showtime version. Probably not as toned down in the nudity (yes there are tiddays...love spelling it that way) and blood/gore.

Anxiously awaiting Season 3. Jimmy Smits is joining the show. He's pretty solid.

Definetly recommend the show if you're looking for something to watch.

No comments: