Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Transformers



I'll be honest, this looks awesome. Another movie to look out for next summer.

Per Michael Bay

"It has been awhile since I've posted. Finished shooting end of Sept., on budget, just came under $300,000. I beat Pearl by a $100,000. I had a great time making this movie, the cast and crew were amazing.

Today I just finished the new teaser for Christmas and I think it's AWESOME! The trailer mixing Guru who does all the big summer movies turned to me and said with a little more ump - it was '****ing awesome'.

I think some of my films have had good teasers but this one is just makes a statement. It's hard edged to show we are not a silly 'toy' movie. We show just hints of robots - and almost none of our epic shots are in this teaser, but the movie just looks big. I had a room full of 20 Tranformers adult geeks, and they all applauded at the end.

It comes out the 22nd - see it in the theater! Let me know what you think.

Michael Bay"


Per Don Murphy (one of the Producers)

"The TRANSFORMERS trailer comes out December 20th online. I’m not going to hype it. If it doesn’t silence the haters, nothing will. The reality is that this film comes out July 4th, 2007, and the producers and the studio are already talking sequel. We know what we have is an exciting and amazing summer blockbuster.

The Don Murphy Message Board was set up by a fan of mine to discuss my movies. Soon, certainly by the new year, there will be a banner on top of the page advising that Transformers discussion should be moved to www.transformersmovie.com . I mean, you can post whatever you want wherever you want I guess…except there is no point anymore. The film is shot. The first director’s cut comes in next week. ILM is rendering the film. We all think that the film kicks ass. But, no matter what you post, it isn’t changing. All the polls in the world no longer make a difference. It seems to make more sense to discuss the movie on the movie site.

I know that from the beginning of this board, I have done my utmost best to make the fan base as happy as I possibly could. You guys demanded Cullen and despite resistance from some quarters he is in there. I feel Welker will hopefully come in there as well. There were things you wanted that frankly made no sense in a live action movie. And there were things I could not deliver, because I was only one voice among many. I think the board served its purpose and along the way created a community and for that I am most grateful."

Now for some pictures -

The man Optimus Prime (voice by the same actor as the cartoon!)



Barricade (Decepticon police car):
Bumblebee:

A pretty cool screen shot from the movie. You can see this sequence in the trailer above.

No comments: