Saturday, April 14, 2007

Timbaland Presents: Shock Value

Been listening to this "cd" (I guess I should say album, since it's not really the cd I'm listening to) for the past few days and I'm going to go ahead and give it a thumbs up. I like it. Just about the whole damn album is pretty good. I can see where "Give It to Me" will get played out pretty quickly (almost happened over a weekend for me. Dre's on the album. Elton John is as well. Fall Out Boy even has a track on there, that after a few listens, really started to grow on me.

The only bad thing I can say about the album is that the rumored Jay-Z song isn't on there. After reading an article in EW, I'm actually hoping he releases the track Jay-Z was working on that didn't make the album due to a deadline.

Here's the beef between him and Scott Storch.

I think Storch started it with some reggaeton artist. When I figure it out, I'll come back and update this post.

Then Timbo replied with his new single "Give it To Me".





Then Storch came back with "Built Like That"




The Timbo (and D.O.E.)responded with "Piano Man"


Don't you just love Rap fueds? Funny Stuff. I liked "Piano Man". Very funny. I thought "Built Like That" was pretty week, except for the line about the "hot dogs on the back of your neck." That was pretty good. I also like Timbo and Timberlake's verses on "Give It To Me". Nelly's verse was ok.
Next up, I'm going to finally give that new Shins album a spin.

No comments: